September 14, 2009

Come as you are leave differene

I am not sure if I am the only one that feels this way, but it's amazing to me what God is trying to save us from. All of us have our labels in life and that is what we live by with out even thinking about who we really are in Christ Jesus. Jesus didn't come so we could remain the same, he came so that wecould leave different. The older I get the more I see that a relationship with Jesus is estential. I am not talking about attending a church or 15 Bible studies. I am not even talking about all the acts of service you might do in one week. I am talking about seeking God and trying our best to live for him. When I first gave my life over to Christ, I did all the right things. I only listened to Christian music because I felt that is what a good Christian did. I didn't see a movie that fighting, kissing, or anything else. As I did all that my relationship was struggling....In the last seven years I have been out of church on a Sunday three times. Since I have been the youth pastor I have only called in sick once. I am dedicated to what I do, but am I dedicated to the creator? You see when we read the word of God it's tough and it was amazing the other day when I read in Acts how this story jumped out......

Acts 3 1-5One day at three o'clock in the afternoon, Peter and John were on their way into the Temple for prayer meeting. At the same time there was a man crippled from birth being carried up. Every day he was set down at the Temple gate, the one named Beautiful, to beg from those going into the Temple. When he saw Peter and John about to enter the Temple, he asked for a handout. Peter, with John at his side, looked him straight in the eye and said, "Look here." He looked up, expecting to get something from them.
6-8Peter said, "I don't have a nickel to my name, but what I do have, I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!" He grabbed him by the right hand and pulled him up. In an instant his feet and ankles became firm. He jumped to his feet and walked.
8-10The man went into the Temple with them, walking back and forth, dancing and praising God. Everybody there saw him walking around and praising God. They recognized him as the one who sat begging at the Temple's Gate Beautiful and rubbed their eyes, astonished, scarcely believing what they were seeing.
11The man threw his arms around Peter and John, ecstatic. All the people ran up to where they were at Solomon's Porch to see it for themselves.

You see the begger though he knew what he needed, but God had a different plan. I love this because we are able to see the power of Jesus and his desire for us to make a change and how he doesnt always give us what we want. Also Peter and Paul taking the time to talk to this guy because someone had to carry him to the gates....my question is why did they leave them there? We I know we understand that this guy was the least of these and what gets me the most is how Jesus used Peter and when people saw this begger walking people notice.

I believe that is what makes our story so powerful. When we hear what God can do with his people if we allow him is amazing....me must come as we are, but leave different!

No comments:

Post a Comment