September 21, 2010

Broken but Beautiful

 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

It's weird but I have started finding a joy at driving around and taking pictures of just random things. In-fact this weekend Leslie and I have plans to take one of our youth girls and her boyfriend driving around taking pictures. My favorite place to go is on grape street by the wrecking yard. I find it to be beautiful out there. It is old, but it give you such an awesome view on who God his. he takes us who are broken and and he find beauty in it. He allows that to shine to not only him but the world that is filled with brokenness. As I write this I am listening to Hillsong "The Desert Song" and there is a lyric that says "And this is my prayer in the fire In weakness or trial or pain There is a faith proved Of more worth than gold o refine me Lord through the flames" 
My prayer is that God continues to give me that gift of seeing the beauty in what looks beaten up and hopeless.  

People have been asking why I have been talking about it so much here lately. I believe it is because I knew but didn't live it. God taking me through a time again to where everything went wrong was away for him to show me what I need to do. I can remember losing my licenses before boarding a plane going to New York. I wasn't able to get on the plane for two days! I was stuck in Dallas and my aunt coming to get me was a time to where I felt stupid and to be honest with you almost everyone made me feel that way. The jokes were not funny and people making it sound like I was the most irresponsible person didn't help. It was my aunt taking this moment and making it awesome. 

Not one single time did she make a comment or a joke about it, she simply helped. I remember my uncle making a comment and her getting upset at him. It seemed hopeless for about three or four hours as I camped out at her house. My bags on the plane no clothes except what was on my back. She simply took the moment and made it into a time I will never forget. We just had some fun and enjoyed. Now part of that is because my aunt is as bad as I am...infact a cousin left this on my facebook when I made a post about losing my keys for about 45 minutes.....Hahaha! It didn't work for Aunt DeeDee. She loses her keys, phone, camera, etc. on a daily basis. :) 

I believe we need to spend more time showing the world the screwed up side of you and that God's grace and mercy is what allows to function. Because when we are weak he is strong, why do we struggle to show that to a world that is in the same boat?? I am not saying that I don't need to work on my losing things, because I do. To be honest with you though in some ways that is what makes me who I am. I laughed so hard when a kid at the Boys and Girl's club said..."Mr. Nick we know that God exist because you lose everything and never worry about it and find it." It's true and I have to admit and rely on other people to help me. On the cruise I my passport long enough to get on the boat and it went right back to someone else. I loved going to Nashville with my aunt and uncle. My uncle has everything together and never loses things. My aunt couldn't find her license for a bit. Found it and then later on lost her boarding pass and then found it. I was there laughing because that was so me! My uncle's comments were funny and at the same time loving. He loved her even though she had a weakness that drives him crazy!

Spend some time finding the beauty in the struggle! He is stronger and we are simply his children that he loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment