January 12, 2010

Reality Changers

It was in Nashville, Tenn. that I first heard about this group and it brought me to tears for many different reasons. I believe the biggest reason is because I saw something different in youth ministry. Here lately I have been hearing a group of students talk about how college is not for them and they would never be able to pay for it. I do believe that we at times do a poor job at showing our youth that their is a way. I must be honest and say that I didn't know there was a way for me. But what I love about this organization is how they are taking a group of students who might never have a chance and helping them receive scholarships to be the first to attend college. Watch this please and then I will give you a few thoughts going through this small brain.   

I love this because God is working through many different peoples lives. I have a strong desire to work with students who have put themselves in a bad situation and help them get out of it. It's weird because I am from Eula, Texas home of the hicks. While attending school there I always thought there was more to life but things seemed so far away. Now 2010 I am a 27 year old man who has a desire to work with a group of students who have used drugs, made horrible choices, and many people have giving up on.

This is my point God has made you and I different and I believe to achieve different things to better the world. I am not sure why we have spent so much time trying to change the talents of people when we should promote the good they have and help them build what God has called them to.

I just took a spiritual gift test and my top three are Discernment, Evangelism, and Mercy. before my prayer would be that God would give me some different gifts. But I have changed that prayer now....my prayer is that God would use my gifts and talents for his purpose and for his kingdom. What I believe needs to happen now is the following.....

Real People, With Real Problems, With a Real Purpose, To make a Real Difference  
I have been learning here lately that we must be honest of where we are at in life so that people can see we are human as well. Man can we just use are talents and be honest with God's people. I am struggling with that, how about you? 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment