January 4, 2010

I will waist my life for a calling higher then me....

I know when you read that you think "waist your life?" I have come back to a struggle in my life to where I am struggling with the idea of life in America. Today in Sunday school I had all of her students take their shoes off and trade them with somebody. It was amazing how they were not happy about this idea at all. Comments went on like these are my shoes, his feet stink, and my favorite was if you mess up my shoes I will drop you right here and right now. There was one girl in that group that didn't complain about it at all. She told me that here shoes were not new and she knew how it was to go with out shoes. She went on to tell the story about her dad having her walk with out shoes in Mexico to show her where he came from in life and how lucky she was to have shoes. I was amazed by this because in America look at what we have. I am mad because I am guilty and then we make up all sorts of excuses for ourselves.

I was asking God what is that you want me to do, and it was weird I heard he wanted me to waist my life in the worlds eyes to bring him glory. God has told us to be a true disciple of him I must give up my life to him. Easy RIGHT??? Well no this means the following.....

Luke 14:26 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
So what does that look like?? I don't know I can't tell you to save my life?? I believe it is not the way I am living though and I am not sure how to change it. I believe it has nothing to do with money or time...it's all with my heart. What amazes me the most is how people can not admit it to anyone...When I start talking about it all I hear "It's ok to have....." but I am not sure if I am making my point. Stuff is what we worship.

Christmas is over now and Valentines day is next just like Christmas people expect a gift. Is it okay to give gifts...yes and is it ok to receive? yes! But we make such a big celebration out of it and we go crazy with it. 

So this is the way I am looking at it right now....everything we have should bring him glory no matter what. Our cars should be a place for him, our jobs a place for him, our homes, school, bank accounts, and etc. We own nothing. Lets take our life and stuff and waist it on glorying him and expecting nothing in return but being thankful when we do. 

1 comment: