April 19, 2010

This Summer

Hard to believe that summer is right around the corner and I will be so busy. I am blessed this summer though to have the chance to do some cool things and go to to some places that I have never been. I have been thinking allot the past few weeks about how I use to feel shameful to take a moment for myself. So much of my life was about work and moving up.

Don’t get me wrong I still do allot of work, but I have been understanding the meaning of enjoying life. God has blessed me with a wonderful boss and I am living a life that some people would die for. As I plan our youth ministry events and a few other things I am no longer stressing about how it will all get done. Life is short and I believe it is time I truly start enjoying it. Spending time with those who mean allot to me and leaving work at work.

So here is my Youth Group Schedule:

Wednesday June 3rd 6:00 PM-9:00PM Swim Party at HSU Pool $8.00 includes swimming, pizza, and drinks.

Monday June 14-June 19th Summer Camp

Thursday June 24th 6:00PM to 12:00AM Movie Night and Video Games at Mission Abilene Free

Saturday July 17th Stop the Violence, Start the Love

Wednesday July 14th 6:00PM-9:00PM Swim Party at HSU Pool $8.00 includes swimming, pizza, and drinks.

Saturday July 24th Day at Possum Kingdom Meet at the Church at 10:00 AM. Students must bring one picnic item and school supplies for Haiti Victims. For this trip I need to have four leaders…. One of our church members will also bring his boat out. We will have a few activities out there.

Personal Days:

In July sometime I have a chance to go back to New York for a really cheap trip, to check out the teen Challenge program for some future Mission Work. I hope to buy my airline ticket this week or next. This will not really be a mission trip, more of a personal preview trip to see what City Contexx is all about. I came across their site a few months ago and have been speaking with the person who heads it all up. Plus I will go along with some good company (Leslie, Bryce, and his girlfriend).  

August I will be at sea on a cruise! There would have been a day that I would feel bad and the need to stay here. But I have worked for several years many jobs at once to where I am at the point I see that God makes it okay to go and enjoy life. It’s a battle on days to think about going, but I believe it is what I need. So there you have it a busy but blessed summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment