July 5, 2010

My Passion

I find it to be amazing and beautiful that God will give all of us a different passion for his people. So the question is What am I most passionate about? Many youth pastors will use there position to move up to a different role. I believe there is nothing wrong with that, but that is not me. I believe the only other position I would want with in a church would be in missions. There is a reason for it. My passion is for people to discover that there is a God that is deeply in love with them and he want to use them to fulfill his purpose here. I have such a passion for taken people and giving them a chance to serve God. I love teaching while doing a project and simply spending time helping them see God's grace and mercy for all of us. I am not sure what you would call it, because I just simply allow God to unfold the events in their life.

I also have a passion for giving people a shot rather they have the talent or not. The most beautiful sound to me are those who don't have a clue of what they are doing and us teaching them how to do something. I believe this is because I was giving a chance at the age of 15 in radio and that turned into a 10 year run. God changed my heart and lead me to a new place and I was giving a chance by Mission Abilene. That first year was mistake after mistake, but I am thankful for the chance. I believe that everyone needs a shot and when they screw up, we give them another shot.

So if I was going to wrap it up in one word, I would simply say Grace. I have a passion for that and the ability to forgive and move on. It killed me when I started losing allot of that and became emotionless to God's word and purpose. For the last several months I have been on a mission to regain that and live with in his purpose for my life.

1 comment: