September 27, 2010

What if NY didn't have clean water??

Brad Ruggles has a blog that I read and he had this post up a couple of days ago. I thought it was worth sharing!

Blog From Brad Ruggles
I shared a few weeks ago about an endeavor I’m participating in along with 30 other bloggers to raise $30k for clean water in the Central African Republic. That challenge is still going strong and the need is still very much there.
With all the “important” stories dominating the news like which rehab clinic Lindsay Lohan is in this week, we sometimes forget that there are 42,000 people dying every week (90% of whom are children) from unclean water and lack of sanitation, But of course those numbers are just too much to comprehend. They just don’t hit home for many of us because we are so far removed from the problem. So let’s bring it a little closer to home. Imagine if New York City’s taps went dry…what would we do? In this great video from Charity:Water, Jennifer Connelly walks to Central Park to get dirty water for her family as millions of mothers in Africa do every day.


Jennifer Connelly in charity: water Public Service Announcement from charity: water on Vimeo.


Please take a minute today to donate something…anything…to help bring clean water to people who need it. 100% of the money you give goes towards water projects – none of it goes to advertising or organization expenses (private donors take care of all overhead)! A $20 donation provides 1 person clean water for 20 years – just stop and think about what that means! When was the last time you spent $20 and got that kind of return on your investment? Like you, I often think of the many needs I have or the bills I have to pay that would prevent me from giving. And yet, if it were my family that was without clean water, is there anything I wouldn’t do to remedy the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment