October 13, 2010

Background


 Success can be a blessing and also a curse. Many times in life we feel that when we have it all that we are ok and need nothing else. In all reality that can be further from the truth. I believe Daily that we need to understand that we are being saved by the grace and mercy of Christ.

When we become a shadow of God's love and grace we are able to show a broken world his love for them. Lecrae has a song out called "Background." There is a part that makes me think everytime....

I know I'm safest when I'm in Your will, and trust Your Word
I know I'm dangerous when I trust myself, my vision blurred
And I ain't got no time to play life's foolish games
Got plenty aims, but do they really Glorify Your name?
And it's a shame, the way I want to do these things for You, yeah
Don't even cling to you, take time to sit and glean from You
It seems like You were patient in my ignorance
If ignorance is bliss, it's 'cause she never heard of this 



I love that part because I believe many times we tend to try and lead our own life. We can try all we want and some might believe we are doing well. But we NEED Christ and nothing else. Learning to play that background role is what we need to learn. We can lead our own life, we must become the shadow of Christ. 

My prayer is....God please save me from my ignorance. I need you and I can't do this by myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment