February 5, 2011

What could have been?

This has been a hard one for me to write on, mainly because I became inspired. There is an old country song called "Unanswered Prayers." (At this point I already know Chad is making fun of me!) I remember being a young kid and because of some situations I was put in as a child I found myself praying and dreaming. My dreams were about moving far away and being successful. To be honest with you I was so tired of the fighting and things not being normal.

Now I am two months away from being 29 years old. I look and see that my life has not gone the way I had planned. I am so thankful for that. It's a little odd at times, but really I am OK with it. I am really not sure what could have been? But I do know I am pleased with what is happening now.

Since right before Christmas I have been very quite with a few things, mainly because God has done so much that I cant explain. I had a moment where I realized that God has provided me with families who have loved me as their own child. For the first time I am praying for my own family in the future. My wife and my kids even though God has not shown me who those people are yet. I honestly never did that out of fear of the unknown. So what part of the song do I love???

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers 

I know all prayers are answered but I am thankful for how he answers. No, not now, yes!  My prayer is that God would continue to do this work in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment