December 13, 2009

Better Days

If you ask anyone who works with teens or children they will more then likely sit down and tell you the biggest question is Why??? I believe that working with any student is going to have it's ups and downs. There are times that I am frustrated and times that I am excited. I am slowly learning that that God's love and grace goes far and beyond you an I, but yet we are right in the middle for one of the greatest rides of all times. For the last two weeks I know all that we have heard on the news in Abilene is "bad news" about our teens. I have been one of those peoples who have been frustrated with the news, schools, and even the church (the church as a whole....not just the Mission) as I was frustrated and mad it hit me hard that I am not doing a single thing by being upset. I believe it's time to look at the positive. 115 Freshman students from Cooper serving at Mission Thanksgiving. The $820.00 that was raised for foster care kids for Christmas. Teachers writing 25.00 checks to help out a teen that will not have a Christmas.

As I was driving to a school the other day it really hit me when I heard a song from the Goo Goo Dolls. The song is "Better Days." Bellow is the lyrics that hit me the most!

I need some place simple where we could live
and something only you can give
and that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
and the one poor child who saved this world
and there's ten million more who probably could
if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

I know our salvation comes from Christ, however God has put you and I in charge to spread his word of love and compassion. I believe that Christ is the only one that is able to give us the peace that we all need. At the same time we must remember how Jesus was born here on planet earth. His reason was not so God could make a statement, it was simple he was need of a savior. The other part of the song hit me hard as well.

I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

I see that with our community now that we are fighting a endless fight because we live in a world that is not our home. We are going to have better days and we must have the faith in Jesus Christ to provide that. Instead of trying to fight something that is ongoing, lets start with loving and showing respect to people.
I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days






No comments:

Post a Comment