January 23, 2010

Change the World

I believe in the last several months God has been putting an awaking in my life and giving me a new vision. It's way different then what I thought. My heart is still for youth and teens but I must admit I have been looking at the way we do youth ministry and asking what is most important to the changing the world. Do our programs work? That is a question I have been asking myself? I work with an interesting group of students on many different levels and there are times I ask myself, "What do we need to do different?" After allot of prayer this is what I started to understand about them and us. It has nothing to do with how much I might know or what I say, it's all about what I do.

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
This is something I believe we all know, but the question is do we truly understand it? I don't and I am not always sure if  accomplish this. But after spending time and asking people question what I have started to understand is that we change a life, when we build a relationship. I don't mean just a hey I know you! But I want to get to know you more. I am not talking about entertaining a person, but I mean knowing what makes them think.

My prayer is that we really look at what we do and less of what we say. I must work on it more then anyone! But I am finding that to be important part of our faith!  

No comments:

Post a Comment