February 5, 2010

86,400 Seconds

I am amazed with how much time we waste on stuff that will never really matter. Think about it for just a moment there are 86,400 seconds in one day. When you think how quick a second goes, it's quick and short. I am learning more and more that my time must be used in a wise way because each second is closer to the end. I know we do not enjoy talking about death but at the same time didn't God put us here on planet earth for a purpose? Well sure we would say yes, but do we fulfil that purpose? When you think about a second and how it can change the way we live. I love the fact we serve a God who does not keep us from all the harm in world, but he makes a promise to walk with us through any situation.

My prayer is that I can really focus on the love of Christ and come to a point to understand it is not about what I do but it's about who I am. Praise God I am not like everyone else and I praise God that you are different as well. Because with 86,400 seconds in one day God has called you and I to use them for his glory. On Tuesday we had to play a song in my english class...at first I felt it was stupid. Then a man from africa went up and played "You raise Me Up" by Salah. In that room he started to cry and giving God thanks for saving him from a war and bringing him to this country.

At that point I was able to see that 86,400 seconds became more then just another day for this guy, because of the pain and suffering he has been apart of in his life he knew that each day and each second counted. Many times we spend our time with our heads up in the air, in someone else's bussiness, or in front of the TV wasting time that God has put in our path to build the kingdom up. I have said it before I want to waste my time on God. I want to be last in this world, it's in my DNA and it's who I am. Hear me I love TV and I love the country I live in. I have a spritual side, but trust me I also have a way of digging into what is taking place in my world. I check all of the news website because it's amazing to see what changes in 86,400 seconds. But at the same time I also believe it is important for us to see that we have entertainment VS reality. This life is not about the $ sign in your bank. It's about Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20...

So you have 86,400 seconds and the clock is ticking.....what are you going to do with it. The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment