February 3, 2010

He is the God of these people

 
I believe the more and more we start to see that God is God and we are not the more we are able to see his work at hand. I have been asking myself, Why did the earthquake in Haiti really shake me up? I believe I was able to see that God was so much bigger then just my world and country. As I watched the events unfold on TV and ask why? I am not able to see God's people pull together and see awesome things happen in midst of a tragic events. It really hit me one day we tend to vent about the church and our leaders. Even though I tend to become frustrated with the church at times. I need to be thankful that none of us have it perfect and we still need God. As I see churches, radio stations, tv stations, and others come together to do their part...it reminds me that the church is still at work. 
We need to be careful that we are not that old mam complaining about the welfare system, but yet he will not do anything to help a man back on his feet. I believe that God has placed a special calling on all of our lives and he has giving us all a duty. I believe all of those who went through this tragic event have that special calling to. Today in my class we had to turn in a essay over a song. A man was in their from a different country. He chose the song 'You raise me up" and spoke to us about how God had saved him and his kids. Because of war in his country him and his children would never have the chance they have now. A man with broken english raises his hands as the song plays and cries tears of joy. 

We serve a God who is more then a figure or idol. He is a living God who is active in our life and who desires relationships with his children. Let be careful to remember that he is the God of this City and all cities and countries. Haiti came at no surprise and at this time we are able to see that God is active by using you and I along with the supernatural! 

PRAISE GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment