February 1, 2010

Teens on what a fatherhood


 
I am not sure how I found this online but I came across it and found it to be interesting. I has been amazing to find that many of our teens and children do not have a father at home. I don't believe it is just a race issue is has more to do with adults taking on responsibility. Even though my father passed away I am very thankful that he was apart of my life until I was 15. Because of that I understand things that can only come from a dad. One of my greatest memories was when we would teach me to mow they yard. He would mow a square and my job would be to stay in that square. He bought two mowers so him and I could spend that time together. 

I work with students who come from fatherless homes or they have had many men in their life. Now I believe this tough for girls, but the boys are the ones who seem to suffer the most. It is sad to see a young man angry at the world and struggle. Please hear me I can give you a list of young me who have not father at home but because of their mothers they are amazing kids. I have a couple of you that are just amazing kids when you consider their past. This is the reason mentorship is very important in a child's life. This is also something scripture is very clear on...we reach out to the fatherless and give a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment