February 15, 2010

New York and Homeless

As I contiue blogging about my prayers for our trip to New York today I am going to talk about seving those who are the least of these.

Romans 12:14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
My prayer is that has we go through this week that I learn to love in a way that I have never loved before. I feel that many times I tend to myself above different groups of people. I believe it is something we all do, however we need to make sure that we understand that God has a love for all. In this world it's so hard to understand that because of what the world tells you. As we work with kids, the homeless, and church leaders in New York my prayer is that our Egos and opinions stay out of the way and we serve the body of Christ.

  • I also pray that we all have a better understanding of the homeless and we try to make a bigger impact in our home city. many times we tend to stay in our comfort zone and forget that they are people as well.
  • My prayer is that we will also understand that God has created us all different and that is all of his purpose and Glory
  • Also I pray that we do not go with the mindset that we are going to changes the lives of people in New York, but with the mindset that together we are going to allow The Father to change us for his glory!
I am going to contiue to pray and ask God to give us his words!

No comments:

Post a Comment