March 10, 2010

So much more

Listen to the song before reading!


"Daylight" - Ten Shekel Shirt from benkrebs on Vimeo.

The more and more we walk through this life the more I believe we ask the question, isn't there more? I am thankful that I am not the man I was a year ago. I am more thankful that I am not the man I was a week ago and as far as that is concerned I am thankful that I am not the man I was three minutes ago. The glory of a relationship is that it changes you and makes you more and more whole with he question isn't there more? The truth to that answer is YES!

Look around the world and turn on your TV people debating on if we should have government health care, earth quakes, the treats of floods, and a winter that now has people questioning global warming. Not a single person has the right answer and I believe in ways we are all right and we are all wrong. If we are really going to believe that God is all knowing and powerful, then why do we put our faith into man? When I become sick am I really going to rely on man to heal or kill me? No! I believe God uses man in healing, but at the end of the day God has all control of what will happen to me and you.

I have a deep respect for many pastors who will take a stand on injustice and the word of God. A couple that stand out would be Matt Chandler, Francis Chan, and even Billy Graham. Even the people and biblical teachers that we respect and trust will stand and tell you the same. Always asking that question of is there more? I have found it hard to believe that someone can say that there is not a hell but yet believe in heaven? I mean I know we don't want to think about the idea of hell and I don't either, but what's the point of the cross without evil and hell?? As we live we long for so much more in this life that only heaven can bring. To say that that there is only one destination, kills the beauty of Jesus Christ and the celebration of salvation. On top of that we would be calling Christ a liar which is not even close to being biblical.

As we ask if there is more, we should also ask if there more we should understand.

2 Corinthians 3:7-18 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.  And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away.  But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
  To truly understand salvation we must understand what we were saved from. I don't like to use hell when it comes to sharing the Gospel with people. But if all we believe is that heaven is the only place then what is the point of reconciliation with the lord? The lord started working in me before the birth, I should have been dead for reasons that I will not say on here on behalf of my family. My parents were young and were not ready for me, but God spared my life. At the age of five I was giving a King James Bible and that is the the same Bible I picked up when I had reconciliation with God. I struggled I thought it was all the bad stuff that I needed to be saved from. Then I thought it was hell, the reality is that I needed to be saved from me and evil. I needed righteousness not a get into heaven free card. I started learning that righteousness comes with know what salvation really is and that on the cross it's not just hell I am saved from it is the separation of God that I am saved from.
 
I have been thinking allot about this issue and I believe the more I look into it the more I see the beauty of evil and salvation. I can not call Christ a savior if he didn't save me from anything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment