March 9, 2010

Why not me???

Last week two of my friends lost people who had such an impact on their life. One was a mentor and the other was a grandfather. It hurts for us to even understand why death has to happen. I know what some of you are going to say, if you believe in Christ there is no such thing has death. You are right and that is the beauty of the cross. However coming from a back ground of losing people I will tell you, there is that sadness in all of us.

So after hearing about these two people and what I found to be an awesome staff meeting this past week, I have asked God to guide and show me words of comfort for these two. I don't want to say the same thing we all say. Words that come from God and his word.

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
It's a blessing to live here on planet earth, but here is where we long to be home. In our death we gain life and in our life we must die. We have a purpose here and that purpose is to run the race the best we can. Right now we have limits and we have events that set us back. The beauty of those set backs and time of being disappointed is that we are able to see God flex and show us who the boss is. When I read that I find comfort in knowing that I am running th race the best I know how too.

While I am here I must admit there were a few times last year that I thought I was through with the race. I was hurt and beat up and it happened one to many times. I don't mean in a way of taking my own life, but stepping out of the ministry world. I later found out that through all of that God had purpose and I needed to man up and get off my soap box. I had been called by God and he gave me the people and his word.

I say all of this because my pastor and friend posted a video on his blog that is on the link bellow that was touching. Has he battled the question Why? The question should be why not me? Doesn't it show great faith to take the slap in the face and to continue with the race?? My prayer is that we all would rise up and be the light in a world that is dark and is need of a savior.   

Chad Mitchell's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment