August 20, 2010

Chainbreaker

Wow, what an amazing summer! One of my best that I have ever ever experienced.
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
For whatever reason in the last month or so that has hit me like a ton of bricks. I believe for one of the first times I have been able to witness this not only in my life, but the life of others. I really took some time away to truly seek God in a new way. For so long my life was all around doing the right thing and really believing that is what made me okay with God. I knew this wasn't okay, but at the same time I didn't know how to change it. But then then I found out that God didn't want just parts of life and control of it, he wanted it all.

That was the hard part, was the fact that God wanted all of it and I was no longer in control of me. Around April is when I really started giving everything over to God. my job, relationships, student ministry, and family. This is when I started to see chains start breaking in people life. When I told God I was okay with a small number of students or a large number. When I told students instead of inviting their friends to church, let's pray and ask the holy spirit to work in their life. The students took that challenge and instead of us having behavior problems, the students come around and say what is truly going on in their life. My family has been rescued from control and now is starting to understand the love that only Jesus Christ can bring. Instead of trying to be relevant with people, I am just honest.

Why did this take me so long? Not sure and I believe that is for me not to know. But what I do believe that I have been able to experience God's mercy and Grace. For that I am thankful and I believe this is something that will not only change me but also others. My prayer is that allow God to have full control.

No comments:

Post a Comment