August 5, 2010

The Desire for more

I  believe as people we have a way to desire for more, and it can be good and bad. I believe we should have a desire for God and will to be done. I believe we should have a desire to do our best and be thankful for what God has done for us. At the same time I believe our desires can get into the way of God's plan for you and I.

Today I had a meeting with IRC in Abilene talking about our youth group doing some volunteer work. While I was there the volunteer coordinator was telling me and a student stories about these people. One was the 16 year olds wanting to go through driver's education because all American's drive. The problem some of these people saw a car for the first time a year ago. I was thinking about how we feel we all must have a car and we have this desire to buy a new one every so often. At the same time it is something that we can live without.

I believe it is okay to have nice things and to do fun stuff. I also believe that can leave us empty if we are not going for what God desires for us. The Bible tells us that God has to be the # 1 priority.    

1 comment: