September 25, 2010

The Cross of Hope

I fell asleep at 10:00PM while watching a movie and woke up at 1:00 and I have not been able to go to sleep. So I started working on some stuff I needed to get done. I then started reading some scripture and for whatever reason this once stuck out to me.

Acts 22:23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
This is a picture Leslie took while we were in New York over spring break. This is the cross that was at the World Trade Center after September 11, 2001. This is one of my favorite pictures because I believe is so awesome that the cross is what give us all hope. I remember walking through the streets near the twin tours just thinking how those people felt that day. Then you think back a couple thousand years ago and think about the cross. We all know the story, but at times forget how ugly and nasty it was. The cross was for those what had done wrong and on that cross hung a man who was sinless. He did that to bring salvation and hope to people like you and I. On September 11 was a dark day but it is awesome how God through his all knowing left a cross made of steal to bring hope. May we always remember who we serve and who brought hope to a world that was in need of a Savior 

No comments:

Post a Comment