October 3, 2010

A little over a year

It was a little over a year ago that many things in my life hit the fan. I become tired, angry, and fed up with life in general. I didn't have a clue of who I was and where I was going. It was that that led me to truly blog my true emotions. Closer to Love was the entry that started something that would become away for me to express myself. At that time all I knew was that God was doing something in me different and I didn't like it. It was in December that I made the choice to take two weeks alone and to grow closer to him.

There came a point that after Christmas that I had to go to my pastor and simply say what was going on in my life. It was so routine and I did not have the ability to love God or his people like before. My patience became thin and even sitting with him brought me to a point of simply being nervous and fearful of the truth being revealed. It was stupid, I knew what his reaction was going to me. That morning started something brand new in me. I for the first time in forever began to see God for who he was again. I would love to say it was a quick fix, but it wasn't. I had to really put my actions in-line with what God was saying to do. So what has changed...
  •  Success has become less important and simply following God's will is what I find to be important. 
  • I talk openly about my convictions that I have about myself and the world around me. 
  • God's calling for me when it comes to youth ministry is to not be the best teacher but to direct them to the cross. 
  • Reading God's word has become a joy and not a job. 
  • Church has become a joy and something that has to be done. 
I could go on and on about what has changed, but the good news is that I am seeing what God has done. I believe it is because of his Grace that I am able to experience the freedom I can only find in Chirst.   

No comments:

Post a Comment