October 2, 2010

The Story of Clayton McDonald

The first time I ever saw this young man was in a message that Francis Chan was speaking. It was an amazing story of hope. Today for whatever reason I thought about it and I went back to watch the video. I found another one that he did that I will post at the bottom. I encourage to watch the video. The day after the video was finished, Clayton passed away from Leukemia. He had battle the disease for years. I don't want to give away to much because I believe it has a better impact hearing from him...but what I respected the most from this young man was the fact he knew who he was in Christ. Many times we go through this life simply playing the game and trying to be the next big thing. In all reality what we see is our life slip right past us.

God has made us into who we are and it is because of him we are alive. In that life he places a purpose on our life so we can fulfill the will he has put in place for us.

James 4:13-17 13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.   

Many times we simply do not live for today. Today is the day that matters and tomorrow might never appear here on earth but when it does in heaven how awesome will it be to hear "well done good and faithful servant."

Now I am not mocking about preparing for tomorrow.But I do believe we must consider the fact that all we have is this second and the question is....did I make it count?? My prayer is that God will simply allow me to live a life that is about this second and not just tomorrow. I want to dream and I have goals, but if this was my last day here on earth my prayer is that I could look Jesus in the eyes and him say "well done good and faithful servant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment