April 10, 2011

the church

I believe to this day the church is still as powerful as it aways as been. When God is in it, you really can't take the power away. However I do believe the people in the church has grown more and more away from what church was designed for. I have talked about it in staff meetings, but the biggest thing about Denver for me was the face these churches would lay out the bills and they would pick up another churches expenses. There the catholic church would work with baptist church for the common good of man kind.

I believe with all my heart the church was designed for you and I to live as family. That's why in our youth ministry everything comes from a families point of view. Last week when I am told one of my students mothers has cancer and he is afraid of her dying, that issue becomes our issue...we carry that for him. The church is there to be a family and to love one another.

1 comment: