September 17, 2010

His Blood and The Cross

The last year I have been come to the point in believing that we make the Gospel of Jesus Christ more complicated then it really has to be. I also think that because we have such a difficult time of understanding it, we make it confusing for others. I would love to say I am not that person, but I would be a liar. To believe that Christ paid it all on the cross is hard to believe and that all of our good works is simply out of the love with have for Christ. I fear that at times that we simply do good things out of obligation and not true love for the father. For the past couple of weeks I have been wrestling with that and looking for some answers. We are called to serve, YES! My heart and spiritual gift is evangelism, which is why I am so thankful that Jeff's is discipleship. You place me in a church all day or with teaching Christian's I will become frustrated and grow bitter for whatever reason. I love to be with Christians who are with people who have not yet found the love of Jesus. That is what makes the Mission a good fit for me. But if I am only doing this because it is the "right thing" then what good is it?

I am walking through the book of John with a group of youth at my church. I was reading this in John 3:19 Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God...

Some might say that my faith is not big enough, but I believe we will never see an end to world hunger. Does that mean I sit and do nothing, NO! We will always have murders, does that mean our laws are pointless...NO! You see we live in a broken world that was made perfect in the beginning. Because of that fall we will always have darkness in this world. When we really start to show people the truth and do our good deeds out of the love we have for Christ, that is when the light shines in a dark world. When we allow our light to shine in just one persons life, we start to see God do awesome things in he/she. To believe we can salve the worlds problems is arrogant and simply not our jobs. But to help pull individuals out of darkness and into the light of Jesus Christ, now that is 100% possible.

So my prayer is that I fall deeply in love with him and I make that light known to those around me. Because of the love I have for Christ it makes my heart break for those who are broken. When you look to the cross you see the blood of Christ and his body that was broken for my soul and men and women all around the world. That is why I 100% support missions and believe we could do a better job at supporting those who stand in the gap for Christ. When I read stories about lives being Changed, it does something to me. This was a post of Lecrae's website....

Sudan has been obliterated by war for so long, resulting in over two million casualties. They have only known roughly 15 years of peace since 1956, and they are currently operating under a peace agreement that will be up for renewal next year.  At the time of voting, the Sudanese will decide whether they want to remain one country or be split in two.  I believe it is of critical importance for people to see that the Gospel impacts every area of culture.  I want to give them hope in Christ.  So, I won't see the iTunes charts on release day.  I won't know what Billboard, fans and critics have to say about it. I'll be consumed with the Master and His work.
If you plan on buying my project, thank you. But I want to ask you to go a step further.
With thousands of casualties in Sudan and the everyday reality that over a billion people live off less than a dollar a day, I ask you: can you live off a dollar less for a day?

To simply reach out to people because you understand and have a deep love for God and the Gospel is what will change the world one soul at a time. That is the power of Jesus Christ. We live in a dark world but he came to bring light to those who believe in his name and power! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment